Join UCONN Engineering Ambassadors Presentation Team
Applying to become an Engineering Ambassador:
The application for the 2015-2016 school year is now OPEN. Applications are due by Saturday, April 18th!
Please fill out the Google Doc to be considered for a position on Presentation Team
There are a limited number of positions available each year and the application process is very competitive.
We are looking for new Engineering Ambassadors!
The University of Connecticut School of Engineering is seeking highly qualified students to serve as Engineering Ambassador Presentation Team members during the 2014-2015 academic year. The goal of the Engineering Ambassadors Presentation Team is to encourage learning in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) disciplines among all of today’s youths through outreach and mentorship. We also look to provide our Presentation Team members with opportunities for personal, academic, and professional growth through leadership and communication workshops and events with our corporate sponsors.
So, you want to be an Engineering Ambassador?
Then we want you! We are looking to fill a few open spots on our team, and would love to add you to our roster.
- * Do you have a high level of personal and professional character?
- * Do you have a willingness and passion for developing exceptional communication skills and leadership ability?
- * Are you enthusiastic toward the field of engineering, the School of Engineering, and UCONN?
- * Do you want to stand out and be known within the School of Engineering and the university?
- * Are you reliable and willing to commit some of your time each semester to be a part of a team that serves the outreach goals of the School of Engineering?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then you should consider applying to be on Presentation Team!
Benefits of being a member of Presentation Team
- * Receive advanced communications training and an outstanding variety of communication experiences.
- * Personal and professional development opportunities.
- * Networking opportunities with College administrators, faculty, alumni, and industry representatives.
- * Excellent resume addition that provides concrete evidence to employers of your communications expertise. Ambassador experiences also provide terrific talking points in interviews.
- * Stipend of $250 per semester for every semester you participate. Once you become a member of Presentation Team, you are able to continue until you graduate (provided you remain in good standing within the organization).
- * The opportunity to “leave your mark” and give back to University of Connecticut and the School of Engineering
- * Be a part of a fun and exciting team!
Responsibilities of a member of Presentation Team
- * Registration and successful completion of ENGR 3195: Special Topics in Engineering: Technical Communication and Presentation Skills (1 credit) in the Fall 2013 semester. The course is required training for Presentation Team members. The course meets on Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:15pm (tentative) during the Fall 2014 semester.
- * Participate in at least 2 all-day off-campus Presentation Team school visit per semester
- * Participate in at least 1 on-campus prospective student presentation per semester
- *Attend all regularly scheduled Presentation Team meetings (may include scheduled workshops and seminars)
- *Attend and participate in necessary practice and/or review sessions
- *Participate in at least 2 other EA sponsored or partnered events
- * Ability to commit to at least two semesters (Fall and Spring) of Presentation Team membership.
- * Willingness to prioritize Engineering Ambassador and Presentation Team activities when needed and ability to be flexible and responsive to the needs of the organization.
The following criteria will be used when selecting Ambassadors for the 2014-2015 school year:
- * Completion and Response of Engineering Ambassadors Presentation Team Application
- * Interview performed by Presentation Team Selection Committee
- * Diversity of major (Ambassadors are needed from all of the Engineering majors).
- * GPA
- * Past participation in Engineering Ambassadors Student Organization
- Ellis Tech Takes Top Honors at Rube Goldberg Competition April 27, 2015
- General Electric: Fast Track to YOUR Career! April 15, 2014
- 3D Printing Is The Future April 8, 2014
- Discovery Academy March 5, 2014
- Are you interested in becoming a member of Engineering Ambassadors Presentation Team? February 24, 2014