What is Civil Engineering?
Civil engineering is the design and maintenance of public works such as roads, bridges, water and energy systems as well as public facilities like ports, railways and airports.
What do Civil Engineers Do?
Civil engineers design and build bridges, roads, railways, and tunnel. They design and build tall structures and large buildings such as multistory car parks, mass transit including train stations, and even Olympic stadiums. They even build the infrastructure within our national parks.
Civil engineers design and build the systems that bring us water and power. Without civil engineers we would not have a constant supply of clean water, or sustainable energy to help us save our planet.
- Rion-Antirion Bridge
- Rising Bridges
- Floating Houses
- Ellis Tech Takes Top Honors at Rube Goldberg Competition April 27, 2015
- General Electric: Fast Track to YOUR Career! April 15, 2014
- 3D Printing Is The Future April 8, 2014
- Discovery Academy March 5, 2014
- Are you interested in becoming a member of Engineering Ambassadors Presentation Team? February 24, 2014